Welcome to the i3S PhD Researchers Network!
This page serves as a platform for enhancing the visibility of all PhD researchers at i3S, by spreading our activities and initiatives, openly exchange information within our community and further improving interdisciplinary cooperation among us.
Our main purpose is to improve the postdoctoral experience of all members of i3S. We seek to facilitate connections and raise awareness both at the individual and organizational levels. We envision an inclusive community where all PhD researchers are empowered, valued and supported in their current and future endeavors.
We consider as Postdoc any member with a PhD degree who is affiliated to i3S and holds a temporary contract or fellowship.
We aim to:
- Build a sense of community among all PhD researchers at i3S;
- Provide a forum to disseminate important information;
- Support and create opportunities for career development and networking;
- Promote activities that promote the well being and mental health of the whole community.
We encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list and attend our events. To join our mailing list (email@example.com), please send an email to one of the representatives. Only postdoctoral researchers currently working at i3S are eligible and can join the list.
You can also volunteer to collaborate in our activities by contacting the organizers/chairs.
Together we can make a difference!
The i3S PDA representatives speak and act with minimal conflict of interest on behalf of i3S postdocs on:
- policy issues, career development and working conditions relating to and affecting the postdoctoral community
- seeking public opportunities to advocate for postdoctoral policy positions
- liaison with administrators and senior researchers to voice community concerns and drive change
Postdoc Seminar Series
The seminars committee actively contributes to the organization of seminars at i3S.
The postdoc seminar series is a biweekly event (on Wednesdays, at noon in Auditorium Corino de Andrade) and provides a stage for postdocs to present their ongoing work to the broad i3S community.
Co-chairs: Daniel Osório, Ana Sofia Ribeiro and Joana Caldeira
We plan networking and social events that foster peer-to-peer interactions and integrate postdocs into the larger i3S community. These include:
- Lunch with the directors (monthly event). Contact person: Patricia Carneiro
- Annual General Meeting (held during the i3S retreat in November). Contact person: Cassilda Pereira
- “Story behind a CV” (bimonthly event). Launched in January 2018.
We organize programs that enhance the professional development of postdoctoral researchers.
Our main focus is to improve soft skills training, career choice strategies, academic career training and job search.
Since the foundation of i3S, we have been active in:
- organizing professional soft skills courses and career-building workshops specifically tailored to the needs of postdocs
- organizing regular individual career-orientation sessions with external consultants
Past & Current events:
Co-chairs: Ana Seixas / Ana Valentim
We aim to create an “i3S excellence fund” to empower people and scientific research at i3S.
Our main goal is to seek philanthropic funding from society, involving the following actions:
- Establish strategic partnerships
- Develop i3S merchandise
- Organize fundraising events
- Online initiatives
Co-chairs: Joana Caldeira / Ana Costa