i3S – Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde da Universidade do Porto – Associação
Following the long-standing collaboration between IBMC, INEB, IPATIMUP and the University of Porto, on December 20, 2019 was created the private non-profit association i3S – Institute for Research and Innovation in Health of the University of Porto – Association (VAT number PT515769053) in order to consolidate a leading research and advanced training center in Bioengineering, Molecular and Cell Biology, Immunology and Infection, Neurobiology and Oncobiology.
The i3S Association is composed of the following founding associates:
- University of Porto
- IPATIMUP - Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto
- INEB - Institute of Biomedical Engineering
- IBMC - Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Polytechnic Institute of Porto
- Portuguese Institute of Oncology of Porto
- University Hospital Center of Santo António
- University Hospital Center of São João
- Health Cluster Portugal
and adhering associates:
- EVITA – Associação de apoio a portadores de alterações nos genes relacionados com Cancro Hereditário
- Europacolon Portugal - Associação de Luta Contra o Cancro do Intestino
- Associação Portuguesa dos Doentes de Huntington
- G.A.T. - Grupo de Ativistas em Tratamentos
The i3S Association benefits from the Public Utility Status since April 2023.
Following our commitment to transparency and accountability, we present here the annual activity reports with the highlights of the main activities developed at i3S, as well as the annual financial reports including the financial statements of the i3S Association.
External recognitions and evaluations
R&D Unit i3S (UID i3S) – Recognized by Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) since 2015.
Associate Laboratory i3S (LA i3S) – Recognized by Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) since 2021.