The mission of the Translational Cytometry Scientific Platform in i3S is to offer efficient and reliable flow cytometry services with the highest standards of quality control and productivity.
Translational Cytometry provides equipment and support for acquisition and analysis of flow cytometry data and cell sorting (separation) from single cell suspension using fluorescence. Also, the platform organizes hands-on training for researchers who intend to use the flow cytometry in their projects.Furthermore, we offer consulting in analyzing and interpreting data with the FlowJo software.
The i3S users can book the equipment online. For externals, users must send an e-mail or call directly to Translational Cytometry to schedule a date.
The Flow Cytometers provide analysis of multiple parameters in individual particles within heterogenous population by passing thousands of cells per second, one by one, through a laser beam and collecting the resulting scatter or refracted light and fluorescence. Therefore, a number of applications, including multicolor analysis of cell phenotype, gene expression, membrane potential, Ca2+ and Mg2+ influx and cell cycle can be performed.
Moreover, the Cell Sorter allows the separation of a population of cells into subpopulations based on fluorescent labeling. Individual cells can then be diverted from the fluid stream and collected into viable and homogeneous fractions at exceptionally high speeds and a purity near to 100%.
- Lasers: Blue (488nm); Red (635nm)
• Filters for blue: 530/30; 585/42; 670LP
• Filters for red: 661/16
BD Accuri C6
- Lasers: Blue (488nm); Red (640nm)
• Filters for blue: 533/30; 585/40; 670LP
• Filters for red: 675/25
BD FACSCANTO II
- Lasers: Violet (405nm); Blue (488nm); Red (633nm)
• Filters for violet: 450/50; 525/50
• Filters for blue: 530/30; 585/42; 670LP; 780/60
• Filters for red: 660/20; 780/60
BD FACSARIA II
- Lasers: Blue (488nm); yellow/green (561nm); Red (633nm)
• Filters for blue: 530/30; 695/40
• Filters for yellow/green: 582/15; 610/20; 670/14; 780/60
•Filters for red: 660/20; 780/60
Data analysis software: